Do you enjoy debugging, killing tech-debt, and refactoring code? We're seeking an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join our team remotely or on-site at our downtown Vancouver, WA office location.
We believe that happy people create better software. Clients deserve an experience that is reliable, understandable, and delivers results while maximizing investment. Developers deserve security, enrichment, and fulfillment—personally as well as professionally.
We’re Hint – a growing team of developers who are passionate about creating and maintaining high-quality software. Our mission is to transform how software is made by building a better, more sustainable development process for everyone.
Our Core Values
- Kindness Our highest priority is treating people with compassion and respect.
- Autonomy: We are self-driven, proactive, and confident in our abilities.
- Integrity: We do what we say. We do the right thing.
- Teamwork: We succeed as a team. There are no rock stars here.
- Improvement: In our software, process and personal lives.
- 5+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Advanced ruby debugging skills.
- No fear of reading the source of Rails & other dependencies to understand how things work.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Value collaboration, mentorship, and open source.
- Love for testing, performance, and clean-code.
- Familiarity with common patterns in Rails (and anti-patterns).
- Know more than enough Git to be dangerous.
- Experience with Docker a bonus, but not required.
- Lead client projects start to finish.
- Communicate with clients, manage expectations, deliver on-time.
- Invest in team members.
- Contribute to Hint blog & open source projects.
- Extend internal knowledge base, systems, and tooling.
- Represent Hint well, stay involved in the Ruby/Rails community.
Compensation & Benefits
- $100k+ salary depending on qualifications
- Medical insurance (Hint pays 100% employee and 30% dependents)
- 401k (Hint matches employee contribution up to 4% of salary)
- Paid vacation (10 days first year, 15 days second year, 20 days third year)
- Six paid holidays including a minimum of 5 days at Christmas
- Client work Mon-Thursday, Friday reserved for internal Hint projects, open source contributions, and continued learning.
Sound good? We think so! We'd love to have you join the team. Submit your resume to email@example.com and tell us about yourself.