Senior/Lead Ruby on Rails Developer
Do you enjoy debugging, killing tech-debt, and refactoring code? We’re seeking an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join our team remotely or on-site at our downtown Vancouver, WA office location.
We’re Hint – a growing team of developers who are passionate about making legacy code bases modern again. We’re the ones behind upgraderails.com, a productized consulting service which has given us opportunity to kill tech-debt for companies like Dell/EMC, CodePen, NationBuilder, and many more.
Our Core Values
Enthusiasm We believe in our calling 110%. Our dedication and passion is contagious, and fuels everyone around us to persist and stay focused on the end goal.
Kindness: Our highest priority is taking care of people. Our drive to deliver solutions that serve our client’s best interest helps build trust for when any differences may arise.
Confidence: We value delivering on a promise — boldly and on time. We’re confident, focused, and intelligent in our decisions, and believe our clients are as well.
Collaboration: We believe in the power of collaboration. What we can do together far exceeds what we are capable of alone. There are no rock star programmers here.
- 5+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Advanced ruby debugging skills.
- No fear of reading the source of Rails & other dependencies to understand how things work.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Value collaboration, mentorship, and open source.
- Love for testing, performance, and clean-code.
- Familiarity with common patterns in Rails (and anti-patterns).
- Know more than enough Git to be dangerous.
- Experience with Docker a bonus, but not required.
- Plan & execute large-scale Rails upgrades, making legacy apps modern and secure.
- Invest in Jr team members.
- Lead projects start to finish. Communicate with clients, manage expectations, deliver on-time.
- Extend internal knowledge base, systems, and tooling.
- Contribute to Hint blog & open source projects.
- Be involved in the Ruby/Rails community, represent Hint well.
Compensation & Benefits
- $100k+ salary depending on qualifications
- Medical insurance (Hint pays 100% employee and 30% dependents)
- 401k (Hint matches employee contribution up to 4% of salary)
- Paid vacation (10 days first year, 15 days second year, 20 days third year)
- 10 days paid sick leave each calendar year
- Six paid holidays including 1 week at Christmas
- Client work Mon-Thursday, Friday reserved for internal Hint projects, open source contributions, and continued learning.
Sound good? We think so! We’d love to have you join the team. Submit your resume to email@example.com and tell us about yourself.